Sunday, March 24, 2013

Trucks owned by William Himbeck, Koo-Wee-Rup North

William and Daisy Himbeck lived at Koo-Wee-Rup North or Five Mile. William's parents Edward and Elizabeth had selected the land in 1893, lived there until 1912 when they moved to Wonthaggi. After William's death in 1919, Elizabeth returned to the farm at Koo-Wee-Rup North with two grown-up children. William took over the farm, married local girl Daisy McKay, and supplemented his farm income by driving trucks, some of which are pictured below. William started a cream pick-up service with the cream going to the Dandenong Butter Factory; he collected the cream from Koo-Wee-Rup, Cardinia, Nar Nar Goon and Pakenham and surrounding areas. Sadly, the family did not recover from the losses sustained during  the 1937 flood and they left the Koo-Wee-Rup North farm and moved to Dandenong, where William continued his cream round. Photographs and information supplied by Barry Himbeck.







This truck, above,  and the one below were owned by William Himbeck after he moved to Dandenong in 1937.




2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete