Monday, March 14, 2011

HCVC Ballarat Branch Clunes Truck Show 2011 - Part 1

We took the Volvo up to the Clunes Show Grounds for the inaugural truck show organized by the Ballarat Branch of the Historic Commercial Vehicle Club. It was a great show - the venue was good and there were heaps of trucks we hadn't seen before, so we had a fabulous day and the Ballarat Branch put on a great show. This post shows all the trucks from Fargo to AEC, and the next post will show the rest of the alphabet, from Ford to Volvo.

Because we arrived together, I will start off with this picture of Rod Calleja's B-model Mack and Diamond REO and our Volvo.

A neat little Fargo, the only Fargo on display.

Two Dodge Brothers in varying stages of restoration.

A close up of the Dodge Brothers grille badge, interesting use of a Star of David - apparently used between 1914 and 1927 or 1912 to 1938, whatever web site you want to believe.

Bill and Pat O'Halloran's 1975 Dodge.

More Dodges.

How cute are these two? They are like little Play School trucks.

This unrestored Diamond T (above) had a lot of interest, as did Stephen Corstorphan's fully restored one, shown below.

Another Diamond T which also attracted a lot of admiration.

Rod Calleja's Diamond REO, previously owned by Fred Love of Morwell (above) and another great Diamond REO below.

Two Commer Knockers, the one below is the last of the line.

A Citroen. It is painted up as 'Clocks Award winning sandwich shop London SW19'. There are also clocks painted on the front wheels. What a great looking display this is. This Citroen, our Volvo and a 1418 Benz which you will see in the next post took the European Truck count to three.

Chevrolets - of all descriptions.

Chev and an Inter - maybe an AR140.

More Chevs, above and below.

1929 Chev

Another great looking Chev.

Dave Horne's British Bedford, next to a British Chevrolet. A good looking duo.

A TK and a J-model Bedford.

More Bedfords, a J2-model below.

More neat looking Bedfords, above and below.

J-model Bedford.

1946 Austin K6 and the trailer is shown below.

Fred and Val Bignell's Austins (above and below)

Two Albions. The one above is owned by Murray Pope and, the one below, is an Albion Chieftain.

An AEC Marshall, with some Leyland embellishment. Below is Warren Harris' AEC.

Finally - two mystery trucks - a Fire engine of unknown make and a partially restored wooden cab truck, also of unknown make.

Click here to see more photographs of the Clunes Truck show - from Fords to Volvo.

1 comment: